QUICK HACKS TO SOLVE [Pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error in MS Outlook
Outlook, offered by Microsoft, is mainly oriented towards sending as well as receiving emails across the internet. Added to this, one can access outlook via several devices and this can also be used to schedule meetings, store personal data, and the like.
One of the major problems faced by regular Outlook users is the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error that pops up occasionally. And users who are not much into technology might find it difficult to resolve it.
Reasons why [Pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] Error happens
There is a multitude of reasons why this Pii error happens in outlook. One of the primary causes might be faulty installation. Yet another reason would be Outlook clashing against another application that is already installed into your device. This can also arise if the user has not updated his/her system and is using an older version.
Only a new and updated version would allow the application to work again. Furthermore, if the outgoing server settings are incorrect, then the app won’t be able to connect with the server resulting in this error. Finally, if there are corrupt PST files, the error message would be shown and one needs to fix those, in order to resolve this issue.
Manual methods to resolve the issue
There are free manual techniques that can be easily followed to resolve this error. This technique comes with 4 easy steps.
- Delete your duplicate email ID/Copy account
- For this, you must launch Outlook and then select the files option
- Now, move on to the account setting, and in the dropdown menu select account settings.
- Now select the unwanted duplicate account and must press remove to permanently delete that account. Check whether this hack actually works by attempting to send multiple emails.
- Configuration of Port number and other server settings
Wrong port and server settings are the most crucial factors contributing to this issue. To assign the correct settings, one must launch Outlook and follow some basic steps
- Click the file and open account settings
- Click on your email account and select more settings
- Here, the Outgoing server tab must be chosen and then, My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication to be enabled.
- Then, select the Advanced tab and then put the value of the incoming server as 993 and the outgoing server as 465
- Finally, set the encryption connection type to SSL/TLS
- Repair the MS Office Software using Control Panel
Here, the user must open the Control panel and then choose to uninstall a program under Programs. Here, select MS Office and press the change button. Here press Repair as a new wizard appears. After the process is completed press the close button.
- Inbox Repair Tool or scanpst.exe
If the error is due to corrupted PST files, it can be corrected by fixing the PST files. This is done using the scanpst.exe or The inbox repair tool.
- For this, Open file explorer and lookup scanpst.exe in program files.
- Here browse and determine the PST file.
- Later, scan it by pressing the start button. Then, make a backup of the scanned file and finally repair it.
- Antivirus Software