What is Digital Marketing is a broad concept and includes various channels like Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing, and Web Analytics.
Marketing has always been about spreading awareness about a product/service to the audience to convert them into sales. You must see advertisements in newspapers, billboards, digital billboards, etc. These are all forms of marketing, often termed Traditional Marketing.
Enters Digital Marketing,
Digital Marketing has reformed the methods and strategy of marketing services and products completely. The boost in internet availability and affordability increased the number of people using online platforms such as social media, websites, and e-mail, giving marketers a new area for marketing.
Brands are now able to reach a wider and better audience more easily. That is what digital marketing is all about, increasing your brand’s reach using the internet as its tool.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing, also called online marketing is the mode of marketing your brand using an internet-based platform such as:
- Search Engines Optimization
- Social Media
- Pay Per Click Campaigns
- E-mailIn short, if you are marketing your product using any of the above methods, it is called Digital Marketing.Consumers rely heavily on digital media to find out information on brands and their products. 77% of the consumers research a brand online before buying and 51% of consumers google your brand at least once. These statistics are enough to explain the importance of digital marketing in the present time.
Why is Digital Marketing important?
Digital Marketing helps you reach a larger audience as compared to traditional marketing. Not to mention that digital marketing is way more affordable than traditional marketing. The cost of getting your brand on a billboard in a crowded place for one week is the same as a good digital ad campaign that you can run for a month. Additionally, you can focus on your target audience and communicate with them using digital platforms, something which was not possible at the time of traditional marketing.
A few major beneficial factors of Digital Marketing are: –
- You can put more focus and promotion resources, on your potential prospects.
- Easy to judge the effectiveness of your marketing strategy.
- More cost-effective than a traditional marketing strategy.
- It is easier to optimize digital marketing strategy.
- Digital Marketing can help small businesses compete with big brands.
- Digital Platforms help you to communicate with your customers at every step.